ASM Install

From: Stalin <stalinsk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:54:58 -0800

Hi all,

I've installed 10g (10.1.0.3) on RH linux ES (2.4.21-15.EL), for some reason i couldn't get ASM working.

I chose the ASMlib path as opposed to creating raw fs. Installed following libraries from technet.oracle.com and it was sucessful.

oracleasm-2.4.21-EL-1.0.3-1.i686.rpm
oracleasmlib-1.0.0-1.i386.rpm
oracleasm-support-1.0.3-1.i386.rpm

I got the disks marked for ASM to use via oracleasm createdisk.

With ocssd and listener running, when i started dbca to create custom database, i couldn't get pass 'create asm instance' screen . As soon as i give in sys password for ASM instance, a pop up window appears advising dbca would create and start ASM instance. Accepting that, a window appears with ASM instance being created.... That's it. i couldn't get pass this stage. No errors in alert logs either.

After a while, i see asm_rbal_+ASM process taking almost 80% of cpu.

Did anyone see this and what you did to resolve this issue.

Greatly appreciated.

Stalin