Storage options?

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 07:43:38 -0800 (PST)

I just got pinged from one of our development directors about a possible project coming up in the next fiscal year and I need your input on storage options. This is going to be a massive 40TB+ project and it's mostly for archival of blob-type data. ~200,000,000 rows * ~200K blobs. Obviously we haven't even talked about indexes or access patterns but this is going to be a read-only type system of archived data. I'm sure price is going to far exceed performance when the rubber hits the road at the mgmt level.

We are currently an all EMC shop but we looked at IBM's storage and found it unacceptable. Looking for solid storage vendors who could provide this type of storage at a 'reasonable' price. Any thoughts?

Thanks - Brian

Do you Yahoo!?
 Make Yahoo! your home page

--