RE: PL/SQL Automatic BULK

From: Bruce McCartney <bruce.mccartney_at_dbinfosystems.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:55:52 -0700

Thanks Christian,
I agree to 'see' it I will need to run it, I just don't have enough disk to load the database into 10g, I was hoping to import the user sans data and compile to 'see' if feature will be used. The presentation went into detail about not all queries will use array processing - only 'static sql cursor for loop' which in the presentation has the form

for j in (select ... From tbl)
Loop
Yada yada;
End loop;

I'm not sure if the code is wrapped, but the select that is problematic is likely not of that form. Obviously a code re-write is in order, but I have been asked to estimate the benefit of a quick jump to 10g for this issue. I am now leaning to telling management the silver bullet is gray and having them push the application vendor.

Thanks again