Re: query tune

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 01:27:39 +0100

I don't understand this truncate solution. We all know that when this kind of reorganization has to be repeated on a regular basis, the truncate isn't a real silver bullet. One should find the root cause of the problem, and solve that. In this case, I would simply drop the table. That saves a lot of future work, and performance can not degrade again. Of course the statement will fail then, but as many teachers tought us: The best way to execute a statement is stop executing it. Problem solved.
Just my $0.02

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===