Re: query tune

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:21:42 +0000

ah

I believe you have fallen victim to what gaja would call compulsive tuning disorder, mladen's suggestion will likely reduce response time to acceptable levels, there is no need to tune beyond this point :)

If however this were a new system it might be wise to schedule a truncate... drop storage; command on a regular basis as part of the system design. As this appears to be a web content management system I would suggest implementing this on the arrival of new content.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:06:19 -0000, Mohan, Ross <RMohan_at_arbinet.com> wrote:
> MG -
>
> Why not go all the way...and squeeze EVERY LAST DROP of performance out =
> of this query?
>
> TRUNCATE TABLE URL_PAGES drop storage;
>
> I don't understand why some DBAs just don't "cross all the T's and dot =
> all the I's"
>
> Yours in Performance,=20
>
> etc.

Niall Litchfield