RE: hot-backup recovery question

From: Rich Holland <holland_at_guidancetech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:00:07 -0500

I found the problem this morning; we'd misconfigured the device groups so when I split the archive logs (after the 'end backup') I was also getting one of the database file systems at the same time -- so the data files on the target host were all in hot backup mode, except the handful on that one file system, which made recovery impossible. I corrected the device groups and the scripts work fine now....

Thanks everyone for your assistance! It certainly helped me get to the bottom of the problem quicker!

--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");