RE: Distributed transactions (two-phase commint) without DB links

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:35:52 -0500

Tom,

You said: "The more I dig into the current database that I'm troubleshooting the less I appreciate non-standard, if brilliant, approaches."

Let me just say, I *hate* clever brilliant approaches compared to standard straightforward approaches to problem solving. Clever & brilliant to me mean just what you said - somebody else's "nightmare" long after the person has left, while straightforward documented processes are much easier to maintain.

Tom