Re: demo accounts & auditing

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:48:28 -0500

Sami,

kill 'em all and let God sort them out ;)

there is a note in metalink regarding changing the dbsnmp account password. "How to change the password of the 10g database user dbsnmp" Note:259387.1. (wow - its no longer a clear text string). one could just disable the agent and not use it.

locking an account is easily reversed by unlocking the account, so the amount of potential harm in a non-critical environment is small. if you are paranoid or conservative, enable auditing and use "audit session" to see what accounts are in fact being used.

in general, no default passwords should be allowed.

Paul

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:09:37 -0500, Sami Seerangan <dba.orcl_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> All:
>
> Auditors wanted to change all the default password for demo and few
> other accounts.
>
> Is it okay to change the password of dbsnmp? Do I have to make changes
> anywhere else where dbsnmp accounts are used?
>
> We are not using outline and workflow manager. So is it okay to change
> the password & lock teh account for outln, wmsys and system?

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.