using LDAP with MS ACTIVE DIRECTORY

From: Jaffar_DBA <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:45:26 +0300

Hello List,

We are planning to move away from oracle names server and wanted to make use of LDAP facility with MS ACTIVE DIRECTORY. I have the following doubts in this regards:

  1. Do we have to create any schema for database in the Active Directory , as when I try to use directory usage configuration, it complains that I dont have schema for the database.
  2. I dont need to make use of OID(oracle Internet directory), rather I would like to use MS Active Directory option.
  3. Does OID required or I can go with MS Active Directory with LDAP?

You suggestion or any docs for this procedure would be a great help for me.

Thaning you in advance

--
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA