Need suggestion on Hibernate+Oracle

From: Zhai Jingmin <zhai_jingmin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 21:35:44 -0800 (PST)

Hi,list:

   The developers of our new project chose JBoss+Hibernate as middle tier,and the backend maybe take single instance or RAC of Oracle 10g.I think hibernate is a good choise for developers,but maybe not for DBA.I want to know what will be the impaction to oracle if using Hibernate or Toplink kind of tools,from the standpoint of Oracle DBA? And what should I consider during physical design and maintenance phase?

Some SQL tuning chances will be lost as most SQLs will be created by these tools,right?

Tom said the Hibernate "scared" him,because "transaction handling outside the database" and "abstract the database to a bit bucket", what do you think?

And what do you think about "midder tier java object cache"?Is it really reliable?

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks in advance!
Zhai Jingmin
Oracle DBA