RE: Column Access

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:14:31 -0500

It is called Fine Grain Access.
Read on this feature in Oracle docs.

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Burton, Laura Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 2:37 PM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: Column Access

I have read where you can grant access to a column to a user/role. I need to take it one step further. I need to restrict access to the column if it is for a certain group of people. i.e. I have supervisors and mechanics. Everyone can look at the salary column, except that mechanics can only look at mechanics, but supervisors can look at everyone. Can this be done with grants? The alternative is two separate databases and that seems extreme. If not with a grant is there a better way?

=20

Thank you,

Laura

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 11 2005 - 16:46:52 CST