Re: server is joining remote tables locally

From: Alfonso León <aleon68_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:51:07 -0500

Thanks lex, a good explanation, but a dissapointing one. that drives me in other direction how does the driving site knows the join order, normally in one site it depends on the statistics but how does the driving site knows the statistics in order to decide the join order. because for example if first table has 10K row hits and the second table is remote it would be possible to have 10K remote access instead of joining table one and three, having 100 rows hit and only having 100 remote access

So.. is ther a way to take remote statistics, or just use the dynamic_sample or manually decide with ordered hint the join order.

Thanks again

--
Alfonso Leon