Re: Datawarehouse backup

From: Krishna Kakatur <kkakatur_at_real.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:12:31 -0800

If you can pin-point your REAL readonly datafiles, which most of the times exist in Data warehouses - you can back them just once. Then, your weekly backup process becomes simple.

Also, You don't need to change all the tablespaces to READONLY during weekly backup.

Regards,
Krishna Kakatur
Database Administrator, Music
RealNetworks, Inc.