RE: Mutating (SQL) execution plan!?...is that possible...stranges t thing I have every seen

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:08:38 -0800

Chris,

>>>I have the feeling you are setting yourself up for the=3D20 bind=20
>>>variable peeking trap and appear to be falling into it.

I am NOT a fan of using hidden parameters, but just be aware of the hidden parameter '_optim_peek_user_binds' (which is set to TRUE by default and enables bind peeking), that when set to FALSE in this case would take care of your "problem". Histograms *are* a useful tool when used appropriately, and can be a great help (and also a hindrance as you have seen).

Hth,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Fear connects you to the Negative, but Faith connects you to the Positive! I Jn 4:18