Re: Does it matter where the binaries are?

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:29:23 +0000

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:11:25 +0800, Leyi Zhang <kamusis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't taken this solution into account before, but it's really interesting.
>
> maybe you could use pfile instead of spfile, but how about
> listener.ora's directory($ORACLE_HOME/network) and how about password
> file in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

Password files are uniquely named with the database name so the password file for the database fred is orapwfred whilst the one of jim is orapwjim.

If I'm understanding it correctly then setting TNS_ADMIN to a directory on the local machine should fix the listener problem.

Thanks for you input. Unfortunately I got hit with this in the middle of a meeting and they expected an answer immediately as to whether it was possible. All i could say was "Probably, I'll have to check.".

Stephen