Oracle 10g Mview Refresh Performance Isses

From: Michael Fontana <mfontana_at_verio.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:20:40 -0600

We are currently testing Oracle 10g performance and functionality, and have run into severe performance degredation issues in performing fast refreshes of materialized views. In some cases, the refreshes fail with ORA-07445 errors. In opening at least two TARS with Oracle, their analysts have given us optional parameters that did not work, have pointed us to patchsets that are not yet available on our platform, and finally gave us a customized patchset. In light of these issues, we have decided we will NOT be migrating this particular application to Oracle 10g in production for some time to come.

Has anyone else run into such issues? We have noted that a typical fast database refresh, even when it does work, takes at least 50% longer compared to a typical Oracle 9i implementation.