** help with database links

From: A Joshi <ajoshi977_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:35:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I am looking for a solution for ORA-164. When I try to open a autonomous transaction in a distributed transaction. I tried close_database_link but that gives ORA-2080. IF no link is open it gives ORA-2081. Is there way to check if a database link is open.   I am only doing a select over the link so I can safely close it after getting the data. I cannot do a commit/rollback. Has anyone dealt with this? Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Thanks

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Mar 09 2005 - 17:38:46 CST