Re: file permission on file created by utl_file package.

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:08:07 -0600

Your umask setting can only filter out permissions which would otherwise be set by default. Since Oracle won't attempt to create the file with execute permission in the first place (not does any other *nix program with which I'm familiar), no setting you can provide will yield the desired result. In short, you need to find another way... the current approach simply won't work.