RE: Re[2]: Hotsos Symposium, Day 1

From: David Wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:07:17 -0500

>I guess what I'm looking for is --- is there a good, positive
>reason to use an expression like 1=1?

I have a colleague who uses WHERE 1 = 1 all the time. I asked him why some years ago.
It was because as he tuned or modified statements, he got tired of re-arranging the WHERE and AND clauses all the time. By starting off with WHERE 1 = 1, all the clauses that he would be re-arranging started with AND, so it saves him some bother.

Best reason I've heard so far.