Re: Recently changed table

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 06:32:02 +0000

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 19:21:59 -0800 (PST), Kean Jacinta <jacintakean_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Let me rephrase . I would like to know, is there a way
> to find out which table had been change at some point
> in time. For example, i have an web base customer
> complain application, I add a new customer complain
> from web based. From the database, i would like to
> know which table this customer complain added to.

I'm still not sure I understand your question, more on that later.

It sounds like you either want auditing (which can record all entries to a table), or else you want some logic (an email alert maybe) to fire on certain events. The mechanism to do this is a trigger.

However and this is why I am having difficulty understanding your issue, the table name which you wish to audit/trap events against should be known. In the example you chose I'd be looking for a table called COMPLAINT or something similar which would hold all the complaint records, and possibly one called CUSTOMER to hold the customer records. You seem to be suggesting that you don't even know the table name, and I can't really understand why that would be.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA