Re: DBMS_JOB

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 04:00:21 -0500

in-line

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:53:42 +0000, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote: ...
> As for database jobs, DBMS_JOB has served me quite well. Not
> as robust as it could be, but it is easy to use, and on Windows
> platforms, saves me from setting up an external scheduler.

Jared, you sound like Tom Kyte. ;-)

You should also like 10g dbms_scheduler (typo?) as in 10g dbms_job is being replaced. I was wondering what all_objects object_type = 'PROGRAM' was about in 10g, which caused me to look in the docs and Asktom this week.

There are some examples of job scheduling tricks on Asktom if one wants more examples, but I think Tim/Jared already solved the OP's question w.r.t. v9.2.

Regards,

Mike Thomas