RE: All good things ....

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 18:15:33 -0800

I'm not so sure this document should be Oracle-specific. SQL Server = will be entering many organizations because there are a growing number = if applications which support only it. One of the problems is going to = handling information in a heterogenous environment. Products such as = Oracle's Interconnect and MIIS provide means to do so. Oracle has also = been keen on their datahub. Management of data in an environment which = includes different ERP vendors as well as different databases is in = store for many of us, if it hasn't arrived already. =20

Besides addressing data management. You may also want to address user = management. Do you just support one client. Single signon, = Smartcards, authentication and authorization, account provisioning. How = can database technology help here?

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.edu =20

   =20