Re: how to call oracle package procedure from DOS batch file?

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:33:05 -0500

from file "ultraSearch.sql" as created by dbca 9.2:

connect SYS/change_on_install as SYSDBA
set echo on
spool D:\Oracle\admin\eas\create\ultraSearch.log @D:\Oracle\Ora92\ultrasearch\admin\wk0install.sql SYS change_on_install change_on_install DRSYS TEMP "" PORTAL false; spool off
exit;

from file "wk0install.sql" %ORACLE_HOME%\ultrasearch\admin

rem parameters

define SYS			= "&1"
define SYSPW                    = "&2"
define WKSYSPW                  = "&3"
define WK_TABLESPACE            = "&4"
define WK_TEMPTABLESPACE        = "&5"
define CONN_STRING              = "&6"
define PORTAL_USER              = "&7"
define LAUNCH_ANYWHERE          = "&8"

of course, the passwords get changed afterwards for a real system.

hth.

Paul

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:54:12 -0500, Guang Mei <GMei_at_ph.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just started to program on WindowXP side using DOS batch file. I have this
> question.
>
> 1. In batch file, if I want to call a procedure in a package with parameters
> defined in the batch file, how do I do that?
>
> REM : try to call my_package.my_procedure with two parameters
> REM: %1 is user/pass_at_db
>
> sqlplus -S %1 "exec my_package.my_procedure (:%2, :3% ) << EOF
> exit
> EOF
>
> does not seem to work.
>
> TIA.
>
> Guang

> PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL:
> This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of
> addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
> disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
> return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
# f=ma, divide by 1, convert to moles.