Re: Split Brains - Not another Boy Band

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:58:08 -0500

Thanks to all those who replied.

The interconnect is a dedicated ethernet network. 2 cards. 1 Gig bandwidth.

The lmd and lms trace files show the reason for eviction as "reason code 3", which indicates a communication failure, across the interconnect.

There are other 2 RAC instances on the same nodes, which did not suffer from this split brain. So, that would rule out any time synchonization, or high resource utilization, wouldn't it?

Anyways, have opened a TAR with OWS.

Thanks
Raj

                      Jared Still
                      <jkstill_at_gmail.com        To:       Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com
                      >                         cc:       Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Split Brains - Not another Boy Band
                      oracle-l-bounce_at_fr
                      eelists.org

                      03/03/2005 06:28
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      jkstill

Is the interconnect a dedicated network?

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 17:10:29 -0500, Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com> wrote:
> Hello All, Not being much of an SA, are they any specific OS or Cluster
> logfiles that I can look for, to determine the cause of one node being
> evicted in a two node cluster (9.2.0.5.0 RAC on Solaris 5.8 and Sun
Cluster
> 3.0), due to a split brain. The eviction happened due to "reason 3",
which
> would indicate a communication failure, across the interconnect. Nothing
in
> /var/adm/messages or syslog. We suspect there was heavy resource
> utilization on one of the nodes, which could have caused it.
>
> Thanks
> Raj

Jared Still