Re: Domain design for distributed databases

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:29:30 -0500

Does having multiple domains add any functionality that having a single domain lacks? I'm not being sarcastic --- I really don't know.

My only experience with multiple domains is that they're a pain in the neck because of the connect string issue. End users don't want to know about domains, they just want their data.

That being said, snapshot replication across domains is no problem. You just have to get the connect string for the db_link right.