RE: Anyway to optimize the optimizer

From: Christian Antognini <Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:51:10 +0100

Hi Waleed

>I'm trying to achieve partition pruning when accessing a table using a
>column other than the partition key.

To achieve correct partition pruning you should have a restriction on = the partition key. If the actual structure doesn't provide it in a = simply way, in my opinion, the partition key was wrongly chosen! In fact = tricky queries just makes CBO live much harder and it's very difficult = to achieve a stable setup.=20

Chris

PS: In my opinion it makes only sense to fight the real problems, not = the issues resulting from them!