Re: ** replication delay analysis

From: mkb <mkb125_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:31:38 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I've noticed this as well with OEM. I try to avoid it as much as I can.

> I do not know if the 6-7 minutes to get info is due
> to replication tables being in 'SYSTEM' tablespace
> with small extents.

I don't think so.

> I would like to move them to
> another tablespace. Has anyone done that? Any issues
> or precautions to take? Thanks

You mean REPADMIN objects? I've never tried to move these some place else, so no comment.

> So I am still trying
> to find out a way to know if the push job is the
> bottle neck or it is the execution on secondary or
> some other problem.

My guess would be to look at the push job first since I can't see how the execution on the secondary would effect the pushing of transactions from primary to secondary. After all, they are pushed to the secondary and queued until the secondary has a chance to catch up. Again, check if there has been a very large transaction that has ocurred on the primary site.

BTW, what version and platform?

Also, I would go over this Metalink doc 1035874.6. This might give you a clue as to what's really happening.

hth

--
mohammed

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!