RE: how can you protect read-only indexes?

From: Carmen Rusu <carmen.rusu_at_rrc.state.tx.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:09:26 -0600

I cant. The job is started by the mainframe guys, as the data files I will load come from them.
Under these circumstances, I think Ron's solution is perfect.

Thanks,
-Carmen

>>> "Khedr, Waleed" <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM> 3/3/2005 1:52:15 PM >>>
I know I'm not answering your question, but I have to say that you need
to fix the processes themselves that are causing these issues. Also why does the process drop the indexes if it failed truncating the table.
You need to defined some dependencies and abort mechanisms.

Regards,

Waleed