RE: how can you protect read-only indexes?

From: Carmen Rusu <carmen.rusu_at_rrc.state.tx.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:43:56 -0600

I know that tablespaces are logical structures and as such you are not "writing" anything to them.

You are physically processing the datafiles that are part of the tablespace definition.

What I am looking for is a simple and elegant solution to prevent the drop of my indexes when they live on a read-only tablespace  :-)

Thanks,
-Carmen

>>> "Hollis, Les" <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net> 3/3/2005 11:34:28 AM >>>
Just a little FYI here.
You can also drop a table IF the underlying tablespace is READ-ONLY.

The reason this is allowed is that you are only making entries in the data dictionary when you drop an object. AND/OR to the datafile header if you are locally managed tablespaces. You are writing anything to the
READ-ONLY tablespace.