RE: Training for Oracle on AIX

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:01:05 -0600

Oracle administration should be no different on AIX (Almost Unix) than it is on Solaris or HP-UX. =20

I have 10 solaris boxes and 4 aix boxes and each if them is darn near identical. Only time I notice things are a little different is when I go to a Linux box, SuSe or RedHat

Your SA's will have differences to contend with, but you as a DBA should see no difference.

If you are already proficient on your current OS....assuming here that you are not on wintel then the move to AIX will be nearly seamless for you. If you are on wintel/microshaft then you have a large learning curve...