RE: password and dblink mgmt tool

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:43:07 +0800

I don't think that "global db links" created by using the same username/password pair
across all databases would satisfy auditors -- it wouldn't satisfy me.

  1. That would mean an account would have the same password in all the databases {ie, all the databases connected by dblinks using that account}
  2. I cannot be flexible in account names. By "flexible", I mean that I use database link names to identify which database they connect to and account names used by the database links to identify where they came from.

Hemant

At 08:46 AM Wednesday, Hollis, Les wrote:
>Use global db links and you don't have to worry about passwords....
>
>None required to create the link.

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital