RE: Case study for interviewing Oracle DBA

From: Yen, Eric <EYen_at_sonypictures.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:48:24 -0800

The darn thing about it now a day is that all those certifications are becoming check boxes for HR screening. It so much easier now for a HR person to screen individuals out before you get a chance to say a word to the hiring manager.

I would trade my certification for an additional 5 years of real world experience any time.

The best people that I know of that are DBAs all have a couple of things in common. One commonality that I have seen among top DBAs is the hunger to know as much as possible about the craft of being a DBA.=20