Re: row cache lock

From: New DBA <new_dba_on_the_block_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 06:37:39 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Jonathan,

For most of the sessions, the state is WAITING and seconds_in_wait is >10000. And yes these requests were started 6 hours or so back.

For the sessions with state = WAITED KNOWN TIME, i see seconds_in_wait = a large value (>10000), and WAIT_TIME = 301. So does this mean that the process has been consuming CPU for more than 3 hours without waiting on anything?

ps and top at the O/s level seem to confirm that it is running on 100% CPU all the time, but is it possible for a process to keep consuming CPUs for hours without waiting on anything?

And this is happening with many processes.

Naveen