Re: Experiences with AQ with a very high concurrent workload solicited

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:06:44 -0500

Paul Vallee wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We have a client that is considering replacing SonicMQ with Oracle AQ
>for an application that currently does up to 200 messages per second
>and needs to scale well significantly beyond that.
>
>We have AQ experience with some applications that did 400 messages per
>minute but that's a far cry from 200 per second (12000/minute).
>
>If anyone has experience with Oracle AQ under this kind of workload I
>would love to hear of them.

Paul, from what I know, Oracle has bought source code for the Tibco's Rendez-Vous, which
is one of the premier messagging tools on the market. I got a rap on the tool from a friend who
works for Verizon (can you hear me now?) and he was quite satisfied with the robustness of the
tool. I haven't used it myself, but given the fact that oracle is unbreakable, it must be rather stable.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA