RE: AIX experts: disk performance numbers

From: Antonio Belloni <toni_belloni_at_yahoo.com.br>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:16:52 -0300 (ART)

Hi,

filemon gives a lot of information about disks.

It is included in the bos.perf.tools package.

To check if you have bos.perf packages installed:

# lslpp -L bos.perf.*

If not installed , you can find these packages in the AIX CDs set and install them using SMIT.

Then , type:

# filemon

it will begins to collect information about your disks. Wait the necessary time that you think is sufficient to gather all the statistics you need and type:

# trcstop

Regards,
Antonio Belloni

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora. http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/ - Internet rápida e grátis