RE: MySQL

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:06:07 -0500

If you want to broaden your horizons try PostGreSql (www.postgresql.org). I believe you'll find it a lot easier.=20

-----Original Message-----

From: Stephen Andert [mailto:andert_at_gmail.com]=20 Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:39 AM To: Oracle-L
Subject: OT: MySQL

Sorry for the ot post, please reply off-list. I'm trying to build a little application in MySQL to dabble a bit and expand my horizons and I know there are MySQL folks out there.

In MS Access, the IDE is easy to use to build a quick simple application, but with MySQL, the best thing I've found is Rekall.=20 I've downloaded and gotten past a few install bugs, but II keep getting this error:

checking for KDE... configure: error:
in the prefix, you've chosen, are no KDE headers installed. This will fail.
So, check this please and use another prefix!

The RTFM README's with the download seem to indicate that I can install with just QT (which appears to be fully installed) so I think I'm just missing a setting somewhere.

I'm using RedHat 9. Any pointers?

Is there an IDE that would be easier to get installed or any other recommendations?

Stephen

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Feb 22 2005 - 09:09:11 CST