Home -> Community -> Mailing Lists -> Oracle-L -> RE: [askdba] Re: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kpoclsa()+28] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to object] [0] [] []

RE: [askdba] Re: ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kpoclsa()+28] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to object] [0] [] []

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:32:38 -0500

I've also queried Oracle on this and come to the exact same end. PMON is trying to clean up a user process where the user's terminal/PC/whatever is gone. Since PMON is trying to send the appropriate message to the client who's connection is no longer mapped this is the error you get. Simple test for you, start a SQL*Plus session to a database. Find your PID or Process ID in the V$Process table. Now at the OS level issue a kill -3 or kill -9 on that process id. Result is the error you saw in your alert.log. This is one that is very safe to ignore.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA=20