RE: Urgent Reply requested. Truncate command

From: Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis_at_ps.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:53:24 -0600

There has t be something really wrong in there as I just finished truncating a 37G table

Table truncated.

Elapsed: 00:01:26.29

Table dropped.

Elapsed: 00:00:06.23

Took a minute 26 seconds.

You might try dropping the indexes, truncating table then recreating indexes.....

I chose to truncate the table before dropping for two reasons, 1) so it would not generate the redo and 2) the first test of just dropping the table took an hour and 52 minutes to drop it.....

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:13 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: *****SPAM***** Urgent Reply requested. Truncate command

Dear friend=20

I am running a truncate on 15G table with 10G indexes  and it is running from last 3 hours.

Am I missed anything. Is there any way I can check if it running

TIA
Sanjay

Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around=20 http://mail.yahoo.com=20