RE: Advanced queuing : dequeing from remote database

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:55:49 -0600

Here is one thing I found out that was a bit tricky about advanced queuing.

Some of the queuing procedures require that you pass in the OWNER of the queues (i.e. OWNER.QUEUE_NAME), even if the call is being made from a package which is owned by the queue owner. If you omit owner Oracle tries to append the caller to the queue name and that of course is not the owner. So if Scott calls a package in Dale's schema and Dale's package calls a queue package to do something with a queue owned by Dale, Oracle will try to find scott.queue and fail. We ended up having to add a function that returns the owner of a queue and append that to the call.

Hope that made sense!