Re: Upgrade Your DBA OCP to Oracle Database 10g for only $50

From: Chip Briggs <chip.briggs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 01:32:00 -0700

The single release beta OCP upgrade exams for 9i and 10g covered lots of topics. For Oracle 9i, OracleWorld had upgrade exam cram sessions; yet a few weeks later Oracle announced that 110 people were OCP DBA 9i certified, which included beta testers and OracleWorld production exams.

Researching Oracle's list of topics to be tested for single version 9i and 10g upgrade exams could be helpful along with reading and understanding any Oracle documentation manual/chapter specifically mentioned in additional upgrade exam preparation. http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/dba_upgradeprep.html

OTN has many new feature articles (including a series for 10g by Arup Nanda) along with Oracle By Example (OBE) downloadable code.

The Oracle University Online Library of OCP DBA upgrade courses is worthwhile; I liked the 9i format so much I used it as a model for presentations (with demos) on 9i and 10g New SQL Features (free to any interested person).

Tom Kyte's web site has research information: http://asktom.oracle.com
along with downloadable files and links he likes. I found many useful examples in topic searches.

Oracle Press has 9i and 10g New Feature books.

Have Fun :)
OCP DBA 7.3, 8, 8i (beta), 9i (beta), 10g (beta)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:42:33 -0500,
babette.turnerunderwood_at_sdc-dsc.gc.ca