Re: is it possible in pl/sql?

From: Joel Garry <joelgarry_at_anabolicinc.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 16:34:59 -0800

Anthony Wilson wrote:

>it's a myth according to the venerable Tom Kyte. The SQL engine
silently rewrites >count(1) to count(*):

Funny, he mentions that is a fact, but I've missed the reference to where the fact is shown. Though I'm inclined to believe anything Tom says, I find this particular one ironic in that he is talking about facts and opinions when he says it. And I'm certainly glad he mentions the differing case of 7.x, as that means I didn't get the myth completely out of thin air or confused it with some other function. Just means that old habits die hard.

Joel Garry
http://www.garry.to