Create Primary Keys in Parallel

From: Don Doo <doodon_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 05:51:55 -0500

Hi,

 Is it possible to create a primary key in parallel?. I happened to see a book on Oracle data warehousing which recomments to create only unique indexes (and no primary keys) in data warehouse. The author says Unique indexes can be created in parallel and primary keys do not support parallel creation. We are a non-Oracle shop building the first Oracle database and this is going to be large reporting database in Oracle 9i. Please pardon me if the question is too basic.

Regards,

Don