Re: Permission to see the procedures

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:11:36 +0000

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:21:29 -0500, Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_suntrust.com> wrote:
> The development folks would like to be able to view the procedures,
> packages, etc., on a production reporting database, but we do *NOT* want
> them to be able change anything.
>
> This is sort of like a "read only" access to packages, procedures,
> triggers, etc.

I've seen a bunch of appropriate suggestions, but do you not have a test system setup identically to LIVE to which problems that manifest themselves in live but not dev maybe referred? If not, perhaps it is time that you did?

The cynic would of course suggest that they looked at the change documentation and or build docs to determine what was live and what wasn't :)

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA