RE: Different default 8i/9i column lengths when selecting pseudo columns...

From: Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial) <MATT.ADAMS_at_GE.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:30:08 -0500

I have seen this behavior occur (different column lengths) when the databases are different character sets.

See if one database is using a multi-byte characters set (such as UTF8) and the other is using a single byte character set.

Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com "Doing linear scans over an associative array is like trying to club someone to death with a loaded Uzi."