Re: PERMISSIONS: Viewing, Altering and executing stored procedures/packages/functions

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:03:17 -0500

create a system owned view dba$source as select * from xxx_source and then allow developers select from it. In fact, create a private synonym for each of them ...

create or replace duh_1.dba_source for system.dba$source /

create or replace duh_1.all_source for system.dba$source /

That should do the trick ... then you don't have to give 'execute any' privilege, just select on dba$source will do.

Raj

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:10:48 +0200, Leonard, George <GLeonard_at_wesbank.co.za> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My Developers are at it again.
>
> Is there any way I can let people see and execute code without being
> able to alter it?
>
> Currently giving execute on code gives them permission to alter it and
> we want to stop this,
>
> Help please!!!
>
> George
> =20________________________________________________
> George Leonard
> Oracle Database Administrator
> New Dawn Technologies @ Wesbank
> E-mail:gleonard_at_wesbank.co.za
> =20
> You Have The Obligation to Inform One Honestly of the risk, And As a
> Person
> You Are Committed to Educate Yourself to the Total Risk In Any Activity!
> Once Informed & Totally Aware of the Risk,
> Every Fool Has the Right to Kill or Injure Themselves as They See Fit!
> =20
>
> _________________________________________________________________________=
> __________________________
>
> The views expressed in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of =
> the author and not those
> of the FirstRand Banking Group an Authorised Financial Service Provider o=
> r its management.
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for=
> =20the addressee.
> Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribut=
> ion or any action taken or=20
> omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
> Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy and integrit=
> y of information and data=20
> transmitted electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, n=
> o liability or=20
> responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or data is, for what=
> ever reason, corrupted=20
> or does not reach its intended destination.

select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =
'MANDATORY';