Re: How to trace what is happening inside the stored procedure

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:24:02 +1100

Tanel P=F5der apparently said,on my timestamp of 7/02/2005 11:18 AM:

> than 10 byte abbreviated variable and function names in kernel (like=20
> ksusegst, ksmsp, kglob, ktuxe etc..).

Eeeeeewww!........
;)

> Another reason why keeping these structures small I can think of is tha=
t if=20
> your session structures start to span several virtual memory page=20
> boundaries, more soft page faults will occur and since these structures=
 are=20
> accessed quite often, it might mean more CPU usage due VM engine servic=
ing=20
> in systems using small pagesizes such 4kB.
> I think this is unlikely the reason, since additional CPU usage will be=
=20
> marginal, especially with modern CPUs with more usable TLB cache slots =
and=20
> large pagesizes, but the point is that it's sometimes about more than j=
ust=20
> memory usage, but also memory usage performance.
>=20

I understand fully what you are saying. But if memory size saving ever w= as a
concern with Oracle development, application_info seems to me to be the least desirable place to start doing it. Past history seems to suggest they don't give a hoot about memory size...

--=20
Cheers
Nuno Souto
in sunny Sydney, Australia