Best Practices for Oracle on Windows

From: <Sherrie.Kubis_at_swfwmd.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:00:16 -0500

I am looking for some best practice guidelines for assigning administrator privilege for Oracle on Windows. I'm coming from a UNIX environment, where oracle binaries and datafiles and whatnot are all owned by oracle. Root things that need to be done are done from another account that is in the root wheel, and done through deliberate actions as needed.

How is this normally done on Windows 2003? I'm hesitant to give Oracle administrator because there will be many levels of dba with access to that account, some that we are moving over from a DB2 environment that are uncomfortable working with, well, a bunch of Windows on their screen! How can this be controlled?