PL/SQL Question - Separating A Delimited String Into temporary Variables

From: Kevin Bass <kbass_at_midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 18:57:57 -0600

Hello:

I am converting my Perl program into an Oracle package but I have run into a small problem. I have been successfully except for a minor problem. I would like to separate a value of 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 by the dash, into seven separate values. The finish product would turn out to be something like val1 = 1, val2 = 2, val3 = 4, etc. Is this possible? If so, how can I achieve this? Thanks!

Kevin