Re: Designer on Unix/Linux?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:26:51 -0500

Lyndon,
 From what I read at the website is that the 9i Designer is part of the 10g
Developers Suite.
The download page for Linux Oracle Developer Suite 10g(9.0.4) says that
this download includes the full distribution including the Oracle Forms,
Oracle Reports, and Oracle Jdeveloper.
BUT the full distribution is not equal between OS's. The Windows Oracle Developer Suite 10g(9.0.4) includes the Designer.
The 9i version of the Oracle Developer Suite doesn't list what is included
in each distribution.
Maybe it will be upgraded to the 10g version when more users voice a desire to migrate to 10g.
Ron

>>> Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca> 02/01/2005 10:57:03 PM >>>
Hello,

Please correct me if I'm wrong ... but is the latest Designer 9i and 10g
downloadable from Oracle's website for Windows only? Or is it multi-platform ... one zip file that can run on all platforms? I unzipped the
zip file and the setup is an exe file. There doesn't seem to be a setup.sh
file.

Does Designer run on *nix?

Thanks.

--