RE: Oracle 8i export to Oracle 9i import.

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:31:17 -0500

Sean,

When I want to do what you are doing, this is what I do:

Create the new 9i database.
Create any public database links that your application needs. Create the roles that I need.
Create the users that I need - assign roles to the users as needed. Export *only* the schema's from the 8i database. I don't do a full export. I don't think it's worth it.
Import into the new schema.

It takes all of the silly problems you are having out of the picture.

Good Luck!

Tom